Friday, March 1, 2013

Sunshine in the Rain

This card just might be my favorite from this class! Partly because I LOVE the products!! I love this stamp, I love the DP, I love the glitter paper, I love the font of the words! haha! I thought it would be good to stick a sympathy card in our stashes, since I needed two last week... And maybe this isn't quite soft enough for sympathy, but maybe its more of a "cheer up, I'm thinking of you thru this" card? I wanted the pop of color and the "silver lining" from the sparkle. Can you see the sprinkling of glittery rain drops? A few of them have Dazzling Details on them. Anyway, I love this card!

The techniques we used here are the Dazzling Details on the rain drops, and the cutting out the pink umbrella. Basic, but maybe something you don't think of every day.
Supplies:
Stamps: Million Dollar Moments
Ink: Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo
Paper: Whisper White & Melon Mambo card stocks, Silver Glitter DP, Sunshine and Sprinkles DP
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, White Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Details

Tips to make this card easier?
  • I ran my SNAIL along the Melon card stock, next to the white stamped panel, and laid the DP's on top of the strip of SNAIL!
  • I stamped the Melon Mambo umbrella first so it wasn't muddy after stamping the Basic Gray image. 
  • The ribbon is just two little pieces, wrapped around a corner and taped down. I added a third bit of ribbon to the top strip for the knot.
As a side note, here's the back of the cloudy paper.... does that not take you back to Care Bears?! LOL! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...