Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blog Hop: You're The Man!

Yep, its time for another Blog Hop!
Today's theme was selected by Cathee, and its all about celebrating the men in our lives! Be sure to stop by everyone's blog for plenty of masculine inspiration!
Many people struggle with masculine cards, I think because we crafters want to put ribbons and other pretty things on the cards that guys aren't really in to. *grin. I took this challenge and ran with it- I was surprised with as many of my favorite masculine sets retiring that I still had so many current! Hooray for that!

Today is also Day 1 of the new catalog so you know I'm going to have new products to show off!!
Starting with the alphabet set on this scrapbook page for my son, doing a manly project (re-shingling a roof!) with his dad, uncle and adult cousin! haha! Can't get much more masculine than that!
Supplies:
Stamps: ABC123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers, Lovely As A Tree
Ink: Gumball Green, Basic Gray
Paper: Basic Gray, Epic Day DP
Accessories: Natural Ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, Staple

Next up, I have a very simple card using a recent Freshly Made Sketch. I love the woodgrain with the acorns, and of course Linen Thread has got to be one of my favorite guy accessories, hee hee. This features two of the new In Colors. I gotta say, the Baked Brown Sugar shade is a good brown. Its "warmer" and a bit gold-ish.
Supplies:
Stamps: Wonderfall, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper: Pistachio Pudding, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: Linen Thread, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Big Shot

Finally, we have this card which was, ahem, inspired by a recent Retro Sketch. haha! I thought the map paper from the Epic Day DP went well with this ship! And the Natural Trim is another perfect-for-guys accessory. Its ribbon without being girly.
Supplies:
Stamps: The Open Sea
Ink: Basic Gray
Paper: Epic Day DP, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla card stocks
Accessories: Natural Trim

That's it for me, but I hope I've helped spark some ideas for the Father's Day cards, or birthdays, or whatever you may have coming up for the men in your life too!
Now go see what Julie has created!

5 comments:

  1. Re-roofing the roof--very masculine!! These are all great! I really need to get the woodgrain embossing folder (along with all the other new stuff I need!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! I absolutely love the Open Sea card. I have that set and I'm having so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I absolutely LOVE your scrapbook page. And that Open Sea set is on my must purchase list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These area all great! I love your title on the page, the words on the acorn and of course, The Open Sea always makes for a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the different ways you used the Epic Day DSP (which is my favorite, by the way)! I love the frame on your masculine card. What an awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...