Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Boy Birthdays!

This weekend my son has a combined birthday party to attend. That means I needed to make two boy birthday cards!
First up, I used the current Clean & Simple sketch, and! I got to play with my Blendabilities again! Check out the parachute!
Supplies:
Stamps: Boys Will Be Boys, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Pacific Point, Memento Black, Pumpkin Pie marker, Old Olive Blendabilities
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Brights Candy Dots

And then I used the current Nacho Average Sketch for this card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Boys Will Be Boys
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point
Paper: Marina Mist & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Hexagon Punch, Dimensionals

So instead of added three things across the side of the card (since I turned the sketch) I punched holes, and stamped on the card base! I started by punching the holes out, then using a pencil to lightly mark the corners of the hexagons. Then I used a 'frame' punched out of a post-it note to make sure I didn't stamp where I didn't want it showing, and erased the pencil marks. Then I put the card stock on Dimensionals!
Pretty handy, huh?

4 comments:

  1. Those are cute! We have 3 Birthday boys this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards!! Love seeing masculine ideas!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! Like how you switched the Nacho Average sketch! Thanks for creating with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun birthday cards! I love the stamping that shows through the windows. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...