Monday, August 25, 2014

Man Birthday!

Happy Monday to you! Are you ready for another week? This is our first full week of school and I can tell you we have not adjusted to the new wake-up time...!

Yesterday was my dad's birthday, and this is the card I sent him! I used the Freshly Made Sketch, and I'm getting this in under the wire, but I had to wait to post it til he got it!
His favorite color is yellow, and the camera and globe images suit him for sure!
Supplies:
Stamps: Traveler, World Map, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Hello Honey
Paper: Hello Honey, Crumb Cake & Baked Brown Sugar card stocks, Park Lane DP
Accessories: Neutral Buttons, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Yes, the inks and card stocks are different...the listed color of brown in the Park Lane DP is Soft Suede. I wanted to use two shades of ink for the images, to make the camera stand out more. I also wanted the map more subtle, hence the tone on tone. I noticed how nicely the Crumb Cake card stock went with the DP so I used that. Annnd the Baked Brown Sugar was simply the wrong package of brown- I thought I was using Soft Suede til I went to put the scrap back- whoops! haha...but I think it worked out just fine!

3 comments:

  1. Love these old fashion images! Great card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun use of these great images! Wonderful! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage look of the images on this card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...