Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mapped Page

Good morning! Today's is a project I am particularly happy with, so lets get right to it!

Yesterday when I was making cards I was perusing my favorite sketch/challenge blogs (most of which are listed on the side bar) and even tho I was looking for card sketches, I opened the MDS Monday blog. And while I almost always love to play along with their sketches, I was very excited about this one! I knew exactly what to do, too! Last month my family took an actual vacation, just the four of us, and we're pretty sure that's the first time ever. This page features one of our many stops- and one of my favorites!
Supplies:
MDS: Lemonade Stand content disk (hexagon & stitching) Keep In Touch content disk, SAB 2014 content (stitched pennant)

I took a photo of the Zion's National Park brochure, which includes Kolob Canyon. That's what I used for my background. Then I grouped a few of the smaller photos, which is why I'm labeling this as a 10-photo layout. Some of those views cannot be cropped! I left off the arrow pointing to the destination on the map, because I thought the brochure did a pretty good job pointing it out on it's own, haha!
What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Tanya, I LOVE the way your page turned out! You used great colors to coordinate with the red rock formations, and your map background is perfection:) I also love how you used the hexagons to "mark the spot." Very creative. Really beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great page Tanya! It shows off all the highlights of your trip perfectly and I really like your map and how you highlighted the area by using the hexagon! Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the southwest color scheme to go with your map location and photos. Perfect coordination. The hexagon is a fun and different way to highlight the map. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...