Monday, August 31, 2015

Christmas in...August?

I don't know if you have noticed the lack of scrapbooking as much as I have, but I have definitely been missing it...! Yesterday after church my kids pulled out scrapbooks. While listening to my son carry on about how he remembers this and this, I was noticing all the "in-betweens" that weren't scrapped yet...and feeling a little guilty that I'm so far behind... And suddenly, he noticed too! haha! When there's one layout separating two Halloweens...and only a few between birthdays...yeeeeah, I have a lot of work to do!
So! Later in the evening, I pulled out my son's box of printed, un-scrapped photos, and got some pages done! ...with an emphasis on Christmas, apparently...! But hey, he now has all of Christmas 2010 scrapped and THAT is a good thing!

As my starting point, I turned to challenges on Splitcoaststampers.com. These two pages obviously use the same sketch, just flipped. And I used a "stashbusters challenge" too! Which means the supplies used are now retired, altho there IS a new Project Life kit on page 37 of the new Holiday Mini!
I used 3 colors of cardstock, 2 tags, 3 types of accents (punches, sequins and stickers) and I stamped the title!
Supplies:
Stamps: Skinny Mini ABC
Ink: Memento Black 
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Old Olive card stocks
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Glue Dots, Hello December Project Life cards (2014), Hello December Project Life Accessory kit (2014)

These two pages are the same paper layout and I kept it very simple. This time I used the retired All Is Calm DP, and the same PL Accessory kit as before. All the little sticker labels come from it, and I think they're so cute!
Supplies:
Paper: Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler card stocks, All Is Calm DP
Accessories: Hello December Project Life cards (2014), Hello December Project Life Accessory kit (2014)

Next up are eeeeven simpler pages, letting the Christmas Morning photos be the star!
Supplies:
Stamps: Taffy Alphabet (long retired)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Whisper White & Cherry Cobbler card stocks
Accessories: Holly Berry Bouquet buttons (long retired)

The fourth in this series (yes really) kept with another very simple layout, but I used several accessories.
Supplies:
Paper: Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Hello December Project Life cards (2014), Hello December Project Life Accessory kit (2014), Glue Dots

Finally, for this layout, I used THIS sketch, and really played it up I think...Since I knew I was going to need to seriously embellish the layout, I picked another Stashbuster Challenge. This time I used 2 patterned papers, die cut accents, sticker accents, stamped accents...and sequins and washi tape! I pulled out the Nov 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit for the stamps and some of the embellishments, and I really like how it all worked together!
Supplies:
Stamps: 2014 Nov Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Soft Sky & Lost Lagoon
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive & Soft Sky card stocks, All Is Calm DP (retired)
Accessories: Big Shot, Banners Die, Hello December Project Life Accessory kit (2014), Nov 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit, 2013-2015 In Color Sequins (retired), Glue Dots

Ten pages later, it was past time to call it a night, and I think I definitely added to his scrapbook stash, hahaha...too bad it was only one event!
...and I remembered why I avoid scrapping Christmases....I take waaaay too many pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...