Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I'm back!

So it's been weeks since I really got to stamp.
On the 14th of July, I said we ended up re-doing "just about everything" in the bathroom...so in case you're curious to know what I've been up to lately...
here's the before:
Here's the after:
by "just about everything", it is listed on the "after" picture, but in case you can't see it, I meant...
  • new sub floor
  • new base floor
  • tiling the floor
  • the baseboard is now tile
  • tiling around the toilet
  • new toilet parts
  • sanding and refinishing the cabinets
  • adding hardware
  • tiling the backsplash
  • resurfacing & sealing the counter top
  • new door trim
  • new faucet
  • and a fresh coat of paint!
Yeah...that's just about everything!! But we really, really love how it turned out, even tho it took waaay longer than we expected! 
(doesn't it always? blaaahhh!)

Well, we got it done the night before we went on a family vacation! 
...I haven't even scrapped most of last year's family vacation...
...and then we had lots of company...
...and school starts in just over a week...! 
...and aaaaahhhhhhhh! 
yes. 
that summarizes how I'm feeling. haha... 

But that isn't what you're here for!
Last week my mom asked me to make some kid birthday cards for her stash. If you're a long-time reader you know that all the retired supplies my mom and I own live at her house, so everything I made is long retired, and the pictures are particularly bad, but here's some stamping!!

These three used the latest sketch from the Nacho Average Challenge blog. The first one I colored using the old Watercolor Wonder Markers. It sounded fun to sit and color...thaaat was enough, haha! I thought the first card was fun enough for any kid and then used the stars for a girly card and then a boyish card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Sunny Fun, Straight Up Alphabet & Numbers, In The Stars 
Ink: Memento Black, Real Red, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Pale Plum, Yoyo Yellow,Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, Green Galore
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White, Pale Plum, Real Red, Brilliant Blue

For these two I used the latest Freshly Made Sketch, and the marker technique.
Supplies:
Stamps: By Land, Loads of Love Accessories
Ink: Dusty Durango, Basic Gray, So Saffron, Yoyo Yellow, More Mustard markers
Paper: Dusty Durango, Basic Gray, Yoyo Yellow, So Saffron card stocks

Come back tomorrow to see more stamping and something newer, hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. Man, how did I not buy that star stamp set? I like it!! Great job on all the cards, I need to do a similar project for my mom. Nice job on the bathroom reno too, it looks great! We just painted the powder room in our house but I think the blue we chose is almost like that "before" picture at the very top ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just looking at that wood tile. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...