Thursday, August 13, 2015

Sponged Butterfly!

Hello again! Yesterday I managed to find some stamp time and I was SO excited, haha! Since it's been so long since I pulled out my things, for the first project I used both a sketch and a color challenge, and kept it very simple. Easy way to get back to stamping!
So this pretty butterfly card uses the latest Freshly Made Sketch and the color combo from the Nacho Average Challenge blog!

Supplies:
Stamps: Swallowtail, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Stamping Sponges, Hexagon Punch (pennant end)

I have done a circle-sponging for this particular butterfly, where I stamp it first, then sponge on color. This time I did the colors in stripes, and stamped the butterfly over the stripes. Have you tried smearing your sponging since the ink pads changed a couple years ago? It doesn't give the same smooth color blending that you can see in the Melon Mambo (bottom) stripe. Instead, it works better to just dab the sponge on the paper, so that's what I did for the other two colors.

Anyway, I think it turned out pretty. And I'm excited to keep stamping again!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful colors behind the butterfly! Such a pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! That butterfly is gorgeous! Love the background colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this butterfly image! And what a cool idea to have the multi-colored stripes as a background. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Great use of the colors! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!! Love this technique!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...