Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Fancy!

I have loved this camera stamp set since I saw it in the new catalog and I finally bought it!! There's a really neat sample in the catalog using pigment sprinkles, but I don't have that. I thought I'd try some watercolor droplets and see how that worked. I picked colors that I know I got as a marker/journal set when I turned 12, haha, but I didn't' do that on purpose! Then I heat embossed the camera and a few words in black, and stuck it in the mail!

Supplies:
Stamps: Capture The Good
Ink: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape, Versamark
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Basic Black & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Black embossing powder, Heat Tool

And here's how I made it:
I thought about using actual watercolor paper, but I couldn't find it and wasn't up to a long search, ha... So I used regular Whisper White card stock. I squeezed the closed ink pad to get a puddle of ink on the lid, and used the Aquapainter to pick it up and literally drop ink on to the paper. Then I let that dry.

 You can see there is some buckling because it isn't watercolor paper, but it worked alright.
And here's some of the shine from the embossing!
Have you tried anything new during this stay-at-home time? I hope you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...