Monday, April 20, 2020

NYE 2020!

Well, we are five and half weeks in to not going to school. I already had a goal to get my son's scrapbooks "done" before he graduated. Then I realized that is 1000% totally unattainable. But with things going the way they are- school's out for the year....and graduation is still unannounced....and yearbook printing companies have furloughed their employees....and Prom was cancelled for sure....and his first and only play is cancelled....and all the things. Today I'm already emotional and I gotta say, it's really quite heartbreaking. So my new goal for now is to get the things from his senior year scrapped first, then see what else I can do. (of course that also depends on the pics I've already got printed off, haha.....)

So, for this page of his New Year's party, I used a challenge that was issued for a virtual scrap night since we're all quarantined. The challenge was:

G - Gold Accents
O - Oval -- use one on layout
A - Angles -- put something on an Angle or use (Tri)Angles
W - White Space
A - Arrows
Y - Yellow -- use the color Yellow

So, you can see most of the ways I used everything. I think I'm lacking on "white space" tho, ahem.... That's okay. I think the page feels like New Year's and is plenty bright and fun, haha. Oh, the oval? The journaling is spaced into an oval shape! But I did have to erase the names.
Supplies:
Stamps: Skinny Mini Alphabet (retired), Peachy Keen (retired)
Ink: Memento Black, Delicata Gold (retired)
Paper: Pineapple Punch & Basic Black card stocks, Merry Little Christmas DP (retired)
Accessories: Gold Thread, Metallic Sequins (retired), Pennant Punch (retired), Dimensionals, Glue Dots
and the font is "Throw My Hands Up In The Air"

And here's a close up of the gold embellishments:
The one thing I will say about all of this...I am NOT bored. I have sooo much to do! it's only a matter of focus + motivation. Along with time, because sure, we're home and have time, but I have three kids to entertain too, haha.... Keep them on task for school, come up with distractions and field trips, and keep them doing things that don't involve so much screen time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...