Thursday, October 20, 2022

A Paper Pumpkin Day!

Lately I've noticed my card stash getting thin, especially in regards to birthday cards. Well, one of my goals this year is to use up my Paper Pumpkin kits and get them mailed out! So one day last week I had some time and pulled out all my Paper Pumpkin kits and got to work! 

This first kit I had previously made up about half of it. The idea was to stitch yellow twine through all the "YOU"s on each card. The kit came with a little needle! Okay, the thing is, I was raised by a seamstress and both of my grandmothers sewed allllll the things. I stamp because really, I haaaate sewing's guts!!! I think I stitched one of these, ever and that was more than enough, thanks. So today, as in the past, I traced the letters, making it "faux stitching" which was a cool technique when I started with Stampin' Up! haha... so its' fine. I actually had one of these in the mail before I thought to take a picture. So I got six cards from this box and I only have the stamps and twine left!! Hooray!! 


This next kit has been decently loved. This was the last card base. I had to cut my own Pumpkin Pie card stock to go behind the grid pattern. I have one "happy" sticker left, and the big star finished off the above kit. I do have a few small stars left, and of course the stamps. 

This next kit is really old. I had the center piece stamped and glued together for who knows how long but no card bases or fronts left. So, I cut myself a base from Basic White card stock, cut a neutral pattern from some very old DP and glued it together! I still have some mugs and some succulents left, but that's it! 

This last card combined a few kits. The base, florals and front panel came from one that is now completely used up. okay, okay, I have more floral die cuts and stickers and the letters that filled in the words, but that is it! The print that fills "friend" in this card was an envelope insert from a different Paper Pumpkin kit. And the "thanks a bunch" came from a third Paper Pumpkin kit! I think the rest of the flowers will go on a layout or two or three...and then it will be all used up too! 
So, that afternoon I got nine cards made, I used up some kits, and I was able to toss two now-empty boxes by the end of the day!
(My boxes are usually full of 3-4 kits to save space... I have a LOT more to do...but that is okay!) 
And really, I think it took me not quite three hours, including sifting thru the boxes determining what I was going to play with. 

What are you making this week? Who are you mailing it to? 

1 comment:

  1. I got the Paper Pumpkin kits for a long time and *never* made the projects, so last year I did all the stamping and sent the kit bits to a friend and her two daughters (but I kept the stamps and some of the embellishments). They had fun putting things together and it's no longer in my house! I stopped my Paper Pumpkin subscription for a while but I have severe fear of missing out so I now have 7-8 more kits...kudos to you for finishing up some kits!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...