Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Class of 2018

In case your world is calm and relaxed, can I just say that May is a jam-packed month for school age kids, and their parents. Between the end of year concerts and end of year projects and making sure the GPA stays up these last couple weeks...! Add to that the end of year "party" activities, and spring fever, haha, and yard work and it's just way too busy around here!

So today it finally crossed my mind that I have three cards I have to make, for big events the next few weeks. And I put the first one together within an hour of realizing that, haha!

My nephew graduates from high school next week! We live about four hours away, so a card is perfect. I wanted to use his school colors, which are gold and black, and I wanted to use a sketch. I picked the latest from Freshly Made Sketches and then fiddled with how I wanted to place the layers I'd picked. I finally decided to cut the numbers out of black card stock and then realized I like the negative piece even better, and! it fit the sketch perfectly! Voila- here's the card!
(and that is why the numbers aren't as straight as I might have done if I planned it that way, haha)
And a lot of it is retiring, so if you like it, don't miss out!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Number of Years (retiring), Teeny Tiny Wishes (retiring)
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: Crushed Curry & Basic Black card stocks, Gold Glimmer DP (retiring)
Accessories: Large Numbers framelits (retiring), Big Shot, Glue Dots

2 comments:

  1. Love how you flipped the sketch....perfect for your graduation card! The extra sparkle is fun! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful graduation card. Your nephew will love this card as much as I do! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...