Monday, January 14, 2019

Scrapbooking!!

Over the weekend I finally set some goals for my new year, ha! Seriously... One of the things I really want to do more of is scrapbooking! I kept calling last year's scrapbooking accomplishments "abysmal". I got three pages done for the people in my house, and I didn't even print two of them. That means ONE page is complete from last year. blah! But scrapbooking is why I fell in love with stamps in the first place, not to mention the color options from Stampin' Up! And that is why I became a demonstrator. For scrapbooking! ...can't you tell?

So, once I set myself a goal and updated my yearly achievements at the bottom of the side bar here, I decided to pick some pictures and get to work! I loved these pics of my baby's second birthday so that's what I started with. I picked this pack of DP I got off the retiring list last summer, and haven't touched. This print with these Richard Scarry kind of animals and the balloons is adorably fabulous but it really could be a page all by itself.
Um... I have enough photos to do that I don't want a sheet of DP in this book, no matter how cute it is. So, I laid out my pictures to see how many pages I would need and then cut the DP in 3 inch sections to make a border for each page! Perfect!

Supplies:
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Sweet Sugarplum (retired), Soft Sky (retired) card stocks, Birthday Memories DP (retired)
Accessories:Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit (retired), Large Numbers Dies (retired), Big Shot

The colors come from the DP. I die cut the number, and used a little printed die cut from an accessory kit from a mini catalog I think a year ago....but maybe two years now? I need to find a good pen for journaling, but then I'm four pages closer to my goal! And a whole page more than I did last year!! Hooray!!!

As a side note, while I haven't done actual scrapbooking for a year, I have still worked on photos and journaling. I've been working on scanning pictures that came from my grandparents houses (they have all passed away) and adding captions of information (names, dates, locations, stories if someone knows something...). Then my dad has uploaded them to the cloud and shared them with family members. That way everyone has all the photos...eventually. But since June of 2017, I have done 2156 photos for my mom's family, 140 for my dad's family and 198 photos from my parents house. Really really. That is a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...