Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A storage solution

I needed a way to organize my cards. I need to know if I have a birthday card for this person, or if I need to make a new one... Since I do have so many cards, its a little frustrating and certaintly time-consuming to find out! So, I did this a few weeks ago at my mom's, and then took pictures of the process doing it for myself.

First I punched several tabs with the Round Tab Punch, and then cut them in half. (I used retired Kiwi Kiss cardstock, if anyone wonders)

Then I used the heavier card in the back of all the DP packages and cut it into rectangles that fit my box. I stapled a tab on each of those rectangles. Then I wrote my most frequently used 'topics' (birthday, wedding/love, baby, thank you, etc) on the tabs and sorted them accordingly! It turns out I need ONE more for that stack going vertically. those are all "blank".

But now I know exactly what kinds of cards I have, ready to go! Time to get mailin'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...