Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Island Indigo

Yes, I am back! hee hee! I've just been so busy with life that I haven't had much time for crafting. I want to, I just have too many other things to do, darn that 'sponsibility. But today I managed to get a few projects ready to share with you!

This color is a challenge for me to use! I did use it on the baby shower invites, and that's it. But I love this TImeless Portrait DP, and it has plenty of Island Indigo in it...and today I used it for a beachy kind of feel, paired with this lovely lighthouse. This is going to be my grandmother's birthday card. She's turning 80 in a few days. Wow... She loves lighthouses tho, (and so do I) and hopefully the DP doesn't make the card too busy....

the Stamping 411 sketch I used required a circle in the middle of a rectangle. I went for something a little more out-of-the-box and stamped the lighthouse twice, but only colored one, and punched the circle out of the colored one and layered it right on top of the b/w one. Turned out nice, I think.

and a close- up... can you see the punched layer?
Supplies:
Stamps: Unchartered Territory
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: River Rock, Island Indigo & Whisper White card stocks, Timeless Portrait DP
Accessories: Linen Thread, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...