Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Baby Card

Today I have a story for you, haha. But since this is my stamping blog, I'll share the stamped project first!
I used the current Retro Sketch for my design, but in my rush to get the card done, I mixed up the panel -its on the wrong side, lol... I had to use a retired stamp set because I have nothing current that could be used for a baby. The gifts I picked were two outfits with fun animal prints. The gift sack I grabbed out of my stash had a bunny on it. I had this whole animal theme going on already, so I put a baby-pink giraffe on the card! For the background I had this idea in my head for pink ruffles: I tore a piece of scratch paper and sponged three shades of pink ink for a bit of an ombre look....but its really okay that I covered most of it up, LOL! And since I was using retired stamps, I threw in some retired card stocks and retired ribbon!
Supplies:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Wild About You (retired)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Pretty In Pink (retired), Regal Rose (retired)
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Pretty In Pink card stock (retired), Regal Rose card stock (retired)
Accessories: Stamping Sponge, ribbon (long retired!), stapler
 
And now for story time...!
Yesterday was a busy day. I was helping throw a surprise baby shower for a good friend (hence the card). We served dinner and I was over the dessert. I had to work, but I also had a fancy treat to make...and a card to make! And! I had to be sneaky around a friend that is very hard to be sneaky around!
By the time my kids got home from school, I had the treat all ready to go and was scrambling to put the card together. I left the card mess all over the table and my son and I hurried out the door so I could deliver the food and gift to the home of the hostess (hide the evidence from the friend), and meant to come home and clean everything up...
but before I got the pan inside my car...
I dropped it.
food side down...
and the glass shattered.
everywhere.
No, seriously...
Oh I wanted to cry!!
My son ran over to hug me but also commented "Oh no! It smelled so good! And it looked so good too!"
Yup. I agree... sniff.

It was really like the sixth thing that had gone wrong that day, so I was rather done, haha...
My wonderful husband saved the day tho. As soon as I told him what happened he left work and picked up some delicious treats from Kneaders, and brought them to the hostess's home for the shower. Which was a fabulous little girls night out, and everything was okay, haha.

So there's a glimpse into my real-life for you. 

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet card. Sorry about your dessert...good think your hubby saved the day and you end it up having a fabulous little girls night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, and great Husband! Sounds like something that would happen to me :) Love that baby giraffe. Great take on this week's sketch! -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...