Saturday, October 19, 2013

Something else entirely

This is a project I have been planning for a long time actually. When you have a girly-girl daughter, you acquire a lot of hair bows and accessories...and you need a good way to store them. That's what I've been trying to tackle. Two years ago my thought was to use this wooden letter, and staple this (long retired) ribbon to it, to hang hair bows from, like this:
I bought the letter, chose the ribbon, hung the stuff from the ribbon....and it has sat in our cabinet exactly like that, on the spool and everything, ever since. Clearly that isn't working.
And the necklace collection has become a bit of a pain...
 
I got the bulletin board in August, and had a plan, but its literally just sat there too. No more! it was time to get this done!

First I had to take the frame off the bulletin board...I wrapped two strips of ribbon around the lower end (forgot that pic, see below...) and stapled the ribbon onto the back. Just like when I make a card, but I use scotch tape to attach the ribbon on the back of the card stock! *grin This also gave me a chance to move the hanging pieces to the other side so it will fit where I need the board to go!
 
Then, since this metal frame is a bit more industrial than I'd like, I covered it in the Gingham Garden pink washi tape!!
tada!!
(click on the photo to see it more clearly)
And here it is, hanging in her bedroom, right at her level, with most of her hairbows and only the necklaces that used to hang on my necklace rack, tee hee...trust me, she's got it covered. literally...
Supplies:
Accessories: Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Baja Breeze double stitched grosgrain ribbon (retired!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...