Friday, April 4, 2014

Teacher Appreciation

Friday already! YEAY! And this one kicks off our Spring Break, which I am looking forward to enjoying! What about you? Got any special plans for the weekend, or for Spring Break?

This week our school has been doing Teacher Appreciation Week. This is actually the least effort I've ever put in to it, and that makes me feel bad because the teachers my kids have are fantastic. Between being sick and trying to catch up, and then everything else going on this week, I only managed to send a treat and a card on Thursday. Guess I'll have to do something extra nice at the end of the year....
Anyway, today I have both cards, using two different, but rather similar sketches, and the same stamp set. Isn't it funny how the universe seems to want the same shapes on the same weeks? Makes me laugh....

Up first, the card for my daughter's teacher. I used the latest Retro Sketch for this one. The note from the room mother said she likes blue, so here's some blue! I used this cute hostess set from the Occasions Mini, because it seems to me teachers tend to enjoy puns, and a pencil is perfect for a teacher, right? I put the card in an envelope and taped it to a king size Hershey bar, which is what my daughter thought she would like.
Supplies:
Stamps: Making a Point (hostess- Occasions Mini)
Ink: Island Indigo
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Soft Sky seam binding ribbon, Neutral Buttons, Tag a Bag Accessory Kit (twine)
 
And the card for my son's teacher, which uses the latest Mojo Monday sketch! She seems like a purple-person, if that makes any sense, so purple it is! She got a bag of MnM's, and a 20 oz diet coke because that's what my son was sure she would like too, haha! (and no, that's not because of me...first he said "Lets get Snickers and Pepsi. Wait...that's you....", hahahaha!)
Supplies:
Stamps: Making a Point (hostess- Occasions Mini)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White card stocks, I Am Me DP
Accessories: Mini Brads, Vintage Faceted buttons, White bakers twine

3 comments:

  1. That stamp works so well with the sketch to point to the sentiment. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun cards! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun and so perfect! Just darling, Tanya.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...