Monday, April 14, 2014

A girly birthday!

Since this is my crafting blog, haha, I'm posting all the crafting here. My daughter wanted a nail polish birthday party, so with the help of Pinterest (hahaha) here's what we came up with!

The invitations are suuuper simple- she had dreamed up a fancy tri-fold card with bits and pieces and I just did not have time, much less the interest in putting so much time into something that would likely be tossed next week! So this is what I came up with instead! I used retired card stock, printed the invite out onto the card stock, printed the details onto regular printer paper and attached that to the back. I stamped the nail polish image and hand wrote the 9.
On our Pinterest search, we found these cute treats. We didn't dip the marshmallows in icing, we just bought colored marshmallows! (pink- strawberry, and brown- chocolate/vanilla swirled) I used my fingers to split them open a little, and stuck the tootsie roll right in the top! We let the girls snack on these while waiting their turns
 
This was the first game we played- it was called Spin The Bottle, and they took turns spinning the spinner, and using the color of nail polish the spinner pointed to! They could pick any finger to paint. It was funny that out of 12 choices (one of these 13 shown didn't work) they still got lots of doubles!
 
Here was the cake! She doesn't like cake, so I made two 9x13 pans of brownies, and stacked them on top of each other. Then I cut it into the shape of a bottle of nail polish! She chose this bright blue frosting (from the store), and I had to do the top white because I got a little carried away with my crumb layer.... and she loved it. It was actually really tasty too!
And the final craftiness...we talked about making hair things, and I saw the idea to paint bobby pins with nail polish- perfect! So we bought some plain black clippies and bobby pins and gave each girl 3 clippies and 6 bobby pins. Here are the ones my daughter made- minus the really cool looking glittery clippy she wore to school today.....
So! There are some not-so-much-stamping ideas, but still some fun craftiness!

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...