Tuesday, June 4, 2019

New Catalog!!

Happy New Catalog Day to you! A new catalog is always so exciting- new colors, new stamps, new accessories, new tools!

I got lots of stamping done yesterday in preparation for my upcoming classes, (yeay!! finally!!!) and I get to show off a couple of brand new catalog products for you today!

This is one of my favorite new sets in the catalog, altho, if we're honest here, there are maaany. These images, especially the ones with the children, look like actual photos of my husband and my own father. I know I can get a lot of use out of this set! For my class however, I am offering a few cards that will work for Father's Day (it's coming up- are you ready?) or a man's birthday, or really whoever. Since I don't know what image my customers will like the best, I thought I'd give them a choice of images and greetings. I have a few stamping friends that even when given choices, will still copy my card exactly, even if they might get more use out of a variation. So I made all three options! I also chose to color them in different ways, showing the versatility of our tools, but also giving them a chance to try something new, or stick with something easy if they'd prefer that! It doesn't matter how you like to color your images, we've got something you'll like. And I love that part!

So here is my full set- and it shows my favorite new In Color, Seaside Spray!
The set qualifies for the latest TGIF challenge which is to make a set! Handy! Also, it totally qualifies for the latest SUO Challenge to make something masculine!

For all three cards, I used the same sketch, found at the Sketch Saturday blog. The color combo came from a very old stamp kit, back when our DP was one sided, haha. But I love the shades of blue with the orange, (even if the kit I'm thinking of used More Mustard) and it's nice and masculine too.

This first card is the most simple. The image was stamped in that great new Seaside Spray, I really do love it!
Supplies:
Stamps: A Good Man
Ink: Pacific Point, Seaside Spray
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Seaside Spray, Whisper White
Accessories: Dimensionals

This second card is colored with Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pens- one of the first techniques I learned with Stampin' Up! I used the slightest hint of Calypso Coral pencil for the skin and the Blender Pens didn't even make him look sunburned, haha! Also, I am pretty sure I know just who this card is going to...
Supplies:
Stamps: A Good Man
Ink: Pacific Point, Stazon Black
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Seaside Spray, Whisper White
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Dimensionals

And my final card is going to be a Father's Day card, even if I haven't figured out yet for whom...! I SO love this image!! I used the Stampin' Blends on this card, except the water. I don't have a light blue shade of Blends yet, so for this I used the Seaside Spray ink pad and a Blender Pen.
Supplies:
Stamps: A Good Man
Ink: Pacific Point, Memento Black, Seaside Spray, Bronze Stampin' Blends, Ivory Stampin' Blends, Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends, Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends, Dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blends, Color Lifter Pen
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Seaside Spray, Whisper White
Accessories: White Baker's Twine, Dimensionals

So! There's a new stamp set, and a new In Color. What do you think?
If you don't have a copy of the catalog yet, it is right there on my sidebar for your convenience! You can also contact me to get a hardcopy if you'd rather. There are SO many things I am looking forward to in the new catalog! Tell me your favorite! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great set of masculine cards! I love everything about them, especially the stamps and coloring. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that stamp set is going to be very popular, it's great. Love your blue and orange color combo with it, great job! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, we hope you’ll check out the new challenge tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...