Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Northern Lights

I had a plan...and it so did not work, haha. So I tried this instead. This was my second try at the "galaxy background". Both tries were on Monday, haha. The first time I was hoping for fireworks, but I'll show you at the end why it didn't work out.

I still wanted to use the idea in my head, so I went with a starry sky instead. I used the sketch from The Paper Players for the layout. And I love this cute father and daughter image, watching the night sky.

Supplies:
Stamps: A Good Man, Little Twinkle
Ink: Real Red, Pacific Point, Flirty Flamingo, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Memento Black, Versamark, Crumb Cake
Stampin' Blends: Light Basic Black, Light Pumpkin Pie, Dark Night of Navy, Bronze, Ivory, Color Lifter
Paper: Mint Macaron & Whisper White card stocks

I even stamped the inside to go with the outside!!

So, for my first attempt...
Since I was trying to do fireworks, I kept the colors bold- Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point, Night of Navy. You just sponge it on your card stock, then sponge black ink around it for the "night sky". I then added these little flower centers from Colorful Seasons, embossed in white. But this is what I got....
I don't often throw something away but I sure don't know how else to use that, haha... what do you think? Have you tried any new techniques lately?

2 comments:

  1. Tanya your colourful starry sky is great - congratulations on persevering, I know how frustrating it can be when you have a great idea but can't seem to make it work on paper! I feel a bit like that with Brushos - whenever I try, I just get a brown and grungy mess! Thanks for sharing your starry creation with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, this is so fun! I love your starry night and this sweet image! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...