Monday, January 11, 2021

Hot Chocolate!

This morning I looked up a bunch of challenge blogs I enjoy, gathered supplies and eventually, haha, had some time to put one of the cards together! For this one, I used the Fusion challenge, with both the sketch and the inspiration photo.
I thought it was funny that I had grabbed the Buffalo Check background stamp without even really noticing that there was a a black and white buffalo check table cloth in the photo! I just really liked how the plaid DP that retired Jan 4 looked so good with these cups, and I tried for a different style "blanket". I stamped it on an angle, and snipped around the edges (which I don't think I'll do again, haha) to make it look fringed and add some cozy texture. 
Mine is obviously a mug of hot chocolate, and the cup is "colored" with Wink of Stella, even tho you can't see it. And the inside, which I forgot to photograph and the sun is long gone, says "because adulting is hard". mmhmmm!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Nothing's Better Than, Buffalo Check background
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Love You More Than dies, Flowers For Every Season ribbon, Metallic Pearls, Wink of Stella, Fine Tip Glue Pen Circle dies (retired), Big Shot (retired)

And! This card is going out in the morning! 
Have you sent a card this month? Send some! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving that buffalo check background that evokes a warm feeling plus that fun sentiment sounds like a stellar plan! :-) Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background works perfectly with the challenge! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...