Friday, February 5, 2021

Cactus!

If you love the scenery of the American southwest half as much as my mother does, this product medley is for YOU. 

This is my mom's latest order, and honestly I was a little surprised it was her second selection from the Mini catalog. My mom is from Arizona. She hasn't lived there for 35 and a half years now, but if you meet her, she will tell you she's from Arizona, tho she currently lives elsewhere. haha! Throughout my life she had real cactus and fake cactus in our home, and artwork of cactus and the Arizona desert. My mother's whole family lives there still, aside from her own children and a couple of my cousins. My father's brother also lives there. On our trips to visit family, the hotter and drier it would get, the more giddy my mom would get. She even framed a snapshot of a few of us standing with a saguaro cactus in bloom, way before it was cool to frame snapshots. 

She also lets me play with her stamps and inks when they come to my house in an order, haha, so I got to ink it up first. And I knew exactly what to do with it- I scrapped some older photos, of my last trip to Arizona, for my daughter who was 6 at the time, and who was totally incredulous that anyone would ever put a real cactus anywhere on their property, hahaha. 

So here's my layout...

Supplies:
Stamps: Flowering Cactus
Ink: Granny Apple Green, Garden Green, Flirty Flamingo
Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White
Journaling Font: Jenna Sue

A close up to see those stamps in action:

and then let me show you the rest of the product medley. It is FUN. I can't wait for my mom to get to play with it! 
So it all comes in this little box.

The paper and accessories, stamps and dies...
And here it all is! The felt embellishments are perforated to make little flowers for the cactus. 
A close up of the paper... One of the sheets of paper is all easily die-cut shapes with ready to go cactus and blossoms.
and here's the other side! 
What do you think? Is this something you love too? It's on page 9 of the Mini Catalog, and you can see it and order it HERE. There's a refill available too, of the paper, felt and thread!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...