Friday, July 9, 2021

A Color Challenge

Happy Friday!! 
While looking for challenges to make cards with, I knew immediately I would use this brand new stamp set with the Color Throwdown color combo. This isn't a set I've seen other stamp bloggers use but I absolutely loved it. I take pictures of the sunset at least a few times a week, and sunrays are one of my favorites. (see below. hahaha....) I also love rainy days, and I send a lot of thinking of you style cards, so this set will get a lot of mileage. It also works perfectly for the Global Design Project theme of "sky".

For the color challenge, I used two different grays to add depth, and two different yellows. I sponged a bit of Daffodil Delight to lightly fill in between the rays and in the corner where the rays are coming from.

Supplies:
Stamps: After the Storm
Ink: Smoky Slate, Gray Granite, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Memento Black
Paper: Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Basic White card stocks
Accessories: Stamping Sponge

But I also wanted to play with this other new bundle, Inspired Thoughts. I am a sucker for tree sets, haha. This was the first order my mom got from the new catalog and I hadn't gotten to play with it yet. I noticed that little circle die could be a yellowy moon (or sun) behind the trees and hey! This same color combo would work great with this set too!! Yeay for new toys! There's hardly any stamping, but I really like how this one turned out too. 
Supplies:
Stamps: Inspired Thoughts
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: Basic White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight card stocks
Accessories: Inspiring Canopy dies, Dimensionals 

It's fun to see the versatility of things. What have you made this week? 
Oh, I almost forgot- I was going to share my favorite sunrise/sunrays picture that has been my phone's background photo since August. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the Throwdown colors! The sky has a lot of color inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...