Monday, February 6, 2023

A little sunshine!

Happy Monday to you! 

Last Sunday morning (Jan 29), around 1045 it started snowing, and the snow fell for at least 30 hours. My family shoveled three different times, even tho there wasn't a ton of accumulation. Spots varied from 5-10 inches, in my own yard. But we had snow on the ground before it started, so its hard to say just how much we got. And then when the storm stopped, the temperatures tanked. Tuesday morning it was -4* on the drive to school. Everyone was posting on social media just how cold it was at their house, and it was crazy. Yes, it gets that cold here and sometimes we've had a week stretch of extremely cold temps, but this was the most significant drop we've had this winter, and the first it's gone below 0* this winter for sure. 

So when I was thinking of a friend who needed a birthday card, I figured it was a great day to break out Waves of Inspiration and go warm! I haven't used this bundle as much as I thought I would, and this is the first time I used both wave dies on one card, and I gotta say, I love it!
The sunshine mask/stencil came from a Paper Pumpkin kit I think last March? I also used a Blending Brush to pull Daffodil Delight across the whole sky, and Tahitian Tide into all of the water. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Waves of Inspiration
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Tahitian Tide, Starry Sky
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic White, Starry Sky card stocks, Gold & Rose Gold Metallic paper
Accessories: 2022-24 In Color Decorative Dots, Waves dies, Blending Brushes, Glue Dots, PP Kit stencil, big shot

And, the birthday girl loved it, which is of course the most important part! 
And if you wondered, it started snowing yesterday (Sunday) around noon and hasn't stopped again, haha.... Still wintertime here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...