Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Bookmarks!

At church this year, I teach the children who are reaching the age when they can choose to be baptized. My teaching partner and I were trying to think of a simple gift we could give to recognize them, but not be a huge commitment through the year. And then I saw this new stamp set that I think is gorgeous, and it was a perfect match! 
About 17 years ago I bought a pack of bookmarks that Stampin' Up! carried at the time. I have been packing them around all this time and I knew that would make a perfect gift....but now they are lost somewhere in my craft room... So I ended up having to make my own, lol. It worked out tho, and here are the first round I have made. 
Supplies:
Stamps: Rejoice In Him
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: Basic White, Soft Seafoam, Petal Pink, Balmy Blue, So Saffron
Accessories: 1/8" hand punch
1. Stampin' Blends: Dark Petal Pink, Bronze; Seaside ribbon original, White Grosgrain ribbon
2. Stampin' Blends: Light Petal Pink; Sweet Sorbet Accessories Twine, White Grosgrain ribbon, Copper cord
3. Stampin' Blends: Light & Dark Balmy Blue, Ivory; 1/8 Silver ribbon, White Grosgrain ribbon 
4. Stampin' Blends: Ivory, Light Daffodil Delight, Light Smoky Slate; 1/8 Daffodil Delight ribbon, White Grosgrain, Crushed Curry twine

To do a decorative top, I used one of the scalloped Circle Dies, but only ran it thru the machine half way. Don't go too far- I had to cut another one after the first try. 
And then to top them off, I just used an assortment of retired ribbons, two or three each. I have a lot... 
Then I wrote a little note on the back and that was that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...