Tuesday, February 21, 2023

It's a Small World!

I know a lot of people have intensely strong opinions on this ride, haha... But we were trying to 100% the park and hit everything we could. And this is the kids' first trip so it has to be ridden! haha!

If you look at the very first photo, you can see the sun is still UP. My husband was handed the timer lanyard and told to give it to the person at the entrance. At that time, it was supposed to be a 35 minute wait. It was over an hour, thanks. And dark when we finally got on the ride. And, if you're curious, they didn't update the time, they left it at 35 minutes. We were tired, lol, and did a lot to deal with the long wait. And maybe some of us were rethinking the decision to wait for a ride with a hotly divisive reputation, haha! 

The ride itself, for four of us, haha, was fun. I rode this 22 years before, so for me, I was surprised to see they had added little dolls of the movie characters. I had no idea! And that's what a lot of these photos are of- is the movie characters like Cinderella, Ariel, Mowgli... And then my husband ended up with a good headache after listening to the song thru the ride! 

But to scrap THIS many photos and capture this iconic ride is actually a bit tricky. There's 28 pictures on this layout. I asked my kids what colors come to mind, and what about it. So of course the music, and then we all kind of thought light colors... maybe the pink is the lighting? maybe the blue is the water since it's a boat ride? So I "stamped" the music in yellow on to pink "paper" and then I scribbled the blue randomly over it and this is what I got. It kind of adds to the chaos, and also works really well to me, hahaha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...