Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Something x6

I had seen this sketch from TGIF Challenges floating around social media and wondered what on earth I would use for those six "things" at the bottom.... and then I had two ideas! ha! 

First I made this fun kid card using the color combo from The Paper Players. Well, almost... I swapped out Lost Lagoon for Bermuda Bay because my display board was wiped completely clean with the new catalog, and this card is going on the board- so that's how I kept it all 'current'. 
Supplies:
Stamps: Kiddin' Around
Ink: Lost Lagoon
Paper: Basic White, Lost Lagoon, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo card stocks
Accessories: Kiddin' Around dies, Glue Dots 

Then I made this autumny birthday card, with a brand new leaf die. This is part of a fun new bundle in the upcoming catalog. I sponged the inks onto the card stock, then randomly placed the leaf die to get different shades. Then I decided I liked the swishy ink at the edge of where I had sponged, so I kept that for the rectangle strip on the card sketch!
Supplies:
Stamps: Simply Said
Ink: Copper Clay, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wheat
Paper: Cajun Craze & Very Vanilla card stocks
Accessories: Layers of Beauty dies, Stampin Sponges (retired), big shot (retired)

And I must say, I love how you can use one sketch and get completely different cards!! 

2 comments:

  1. Tanya, I love the wonderful texture you created on your card. Such a fun use of the colors. The lagoon mat between the two layers really pops, too. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. A twofer - how fun! I do love the first one though - those colourful balls make for a great kids card! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...