Monday, July 6, 2009

Roots & Wings

Well, to say I was going to stamp all night was a bit misleading. I had this page below nearly done, so I completed it. Then, I went thru some pages and got some journaling done, FINALLY. My biggest issue there is wanting to write with ink that coordinates with the pages. So since my mom won't be stamping for the next little while, I borrowed her set of Stampin' Up! markers and technically completed many pages that have already been posted here. So hows that? Its one more thing off my to-do list! LOL! So, this page... This page is attempting a catch up on three different things. The sketch was from Stamp & Scrap's first challenge, the butterfly was meant to make it to their second challenge (but I was too late- and then didn't get the title done til last night!!) and the theme is from an SCS challenge which included this quote by Hodding Carter: "There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings."
We had just gotten these pictures printed and I knew it was perfect for the quote, for a page for my daughter. And the butterfly fit very nicely as well. So, there you have it!!! Page one for July. ETA: Supplies: Stamps: Gods Beauty, Classic ABC (both retired) Ink: Basic Gray, Lovely Lilac Paper: Bordering Blue, Lavendar Lace, Whisper Wihte card stocks Accessories: Chunky Sprinkles Glitter, 2 way glue pen, Scallop Edge Punch, misc ribbon

2 comments:

  1. beautiful take on the sketch.. and I love the butterflies. thanks for playing along at SSS I hope you will join us again. We have a new challenge up!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...