Wednesday, August 31, 2011

a wedding rose!

I must be out of my watercolor paper because I cannot find it anywhere. Since I was so sure I had some I didn't order any, and since this was for my class I had to come up with a new plan, last minute. So I decided to bleach the rose, rather than watercolor it! Same idea, just in reverse!

Supplies:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Curvy Verses
Ink: Basic Black Craft
Paper: Cherry Cobbler & Very Vanilla card stocks, Timeless Portrait DP
Accessories: Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, dried out Blender Pen, bleach

You can learn more about bleaching HERE. I embossed the rose on Cherry Cobbler card stock, and then bleached most of the petals. I was hoping for a variegated kind of rose look, but didn't like the way it turned out...I thought the "streaks" were too wide to look natural, and therefore didn't quite work. I just added more bleach til I thought I would like it!
Also, see that awesome bit of black and white paper I used on the card? That is part of the Timeless Portrait DP package- which you could choose for free if you purchase three other packages of DP today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...