Sunday, January 22, 2012

A new scrapbooker!

One of my son's possible requirements in working on his cub scout award is to create or add to a den or pack scrapbook. When I was a cub leader I took pictures of our field trips and let the boys take turns gluing the pictures down and they all contributed to the journaling. I have no idea what has happened to that binder since then, so I had my son scrapbook his own scout events and add them to his own scrapbook. I printed off photos and taught him the basics of scrapbooking (color choices, using sketches to help plan a layout, cropping photos, pulled out any and all scouty/campy stickers, stamps, papers (and I've acquired a lot in the years my husband has worked for the BSA, and having had a son) and turned him loose!
He was so proud of his work! He got 5 pages done towards his own book, and towards his award, and he had a lot of fun doing it!
As you can see, he came up with his own color and supply choices and put things together in his own way. This first page however, uses a sketch he found HERE, done in his own way!
Awards earned at a Pack Meeting...
Supplies:
Tempting Turquoise card stock, Misc DP, ladybug stickers, frame
First Pinewood Derby!
Supplies:
Stamps: Scouts At Play (LONG retired)
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Real Red & Basic Black card stocks
Outdoor Flag Ceremony
Supplies:
Old Olive textured card stock, misc flag DP, misc flag stickers

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! And I LOVE that the flag looks like it's coming off the flag pole. One less book for you to do!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...