Monday, January 23, 2012

Workshop Project #1

So I had my annual Sale-A-Bration workshop on Saturday! We had a lot of fun, and if you missed out, I am sorry! (want to host your own? Let me know -really!) This is the scrapbook page I demonstrated.
Supplies:
Stamps: Just Perfect ABC
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: So Saffron & Whisper White card stock, Just Add Cake DP
Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Mat Pack, Printed Brads

Points to note:
- While the group of photos all tell a story, the photo that becomes the focal point could summarize the whole story. The kids built this fort out of boxes and had a great time doing so. Look how proud he is! So I have matted it and added a punched accent to emphasize that part of the story.
- The question came out wondering why I used a bit of ABC themed DP on this page that has nothing to do with school. Well, the green on the letter paper pulls the green in the building and grass, and building a fort out of boxes is something we usually only get to do when we're little so that ABC strip works just fine.
- The Printed brad is actually Calypso Coral, and there is no coral in the DP on the page. There is Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait tho...and with the smaller patterns where its just a little more difficult to see the exact shades, the brad coordinates without actually matching. Also the polka-dot look works well with the circles in the two strips of DP. Cool, huh?
- Finally, if you are going to scrapbook, an alphabet set is definitely worth the investment! In fact, I have several! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...