Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Retired & Pretty!

This card uses the Stamping 411 sketch #237. It is made of a whole lotta retired products. In fact only the ink, card stock and one stamp are current. Anyway, since I'm the crazy room mother in my son's class, I have information liiiike the teacher's birthday, which is this week! ha! Last year I happened to be helping in my daughter's class on her teacher's birthday and the room mother came in ready to celebrate! I am not quite that ambitious, nor can I quite afford what she put together, but I can certainly bring by a little treat and a card, and have the class sing to her, so that is what this is! She also says her favorite color is burgundy...and this paper pack had a lot of burgundy, not to mention this flower pattern is SO pretty! And then I had to pull out my retired Saffron ribbon...and a retired greeting made from a pretty script...! That's okay, I want to use up my stash and this is how that happens best!
and because I used Burgundy card stock, I had to put a layer on the inside and may as well decorate that too!
Supplies:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Warmest Regards (retired)
Ink: So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla card stocks, Parisian Summer DP (retired!)
Accessories: So Saffron twill ribbon (retired!)

6 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty card. She's a lucky teacher to have you as a room mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is pretty!!! Love it all! And, enjoy being the room mom--my two are in high school,and I really miss all the elementary stuff!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for using the retired stuff. I have a ton of it, too, and love using it cuz I still love it.
    Your card is so sweet. Sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and pretty. I'm so glad you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. use it up! This is gorgeous. I love that DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the soft and subtle elements on this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...