Tuesday, October 7, 2014

New Toys!

Recently I joined a group of demonstrators who swap cards through the mail. I decided to make something with my newest toys for my card! I got the super fun Hexagon Hive die and the coordinating Honeycomb Hello stamp set. I stuck with last year's In Colors and used the new sequins as little accents! and I really like how it turned out!
Supplies:
Stamps: Honeycomb Hello
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar
Paper: Whisper White & Pistachio Pudding
Accessories: In Color Sequin Asst, Big Shot, Hexagon Hive Die, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

Since I had to make several cards, I created the first one and then attacked it assembly-line style. First, I cut a mask out of printer paper so I knew where to stamp, without getting any ink on the part I was using as the card front. Then I used three post-it notes to hold it down in place.
After I was done stamping, I cut all the Pistachio pieces out. (and now have a baggie full of Pistachio hexagons I need to find a project for, hahaha...!) I popped them up on Dimensionals and finally added all the sequins with Glue Dots. I used only the Baked Brown Sugar and Crisp Cantaloupe sequins, keeping all the stars on the card one color and the circles the other. Fun huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...