Thursday, October 16, 2014

Happy Flowers!

Today I have a bright happy card for you! This is the first time I've gotten to play with the set Good Greetings, which is pretty sad since its only available for another couple of weeks! The stamp set is free to anyone who hosts a $300 party or more, and it is perfect for every occasion you need a card for!
I used the current Nacho Average Challenge for the sketch. I "watercolored" the flowers by just stamping them in Blackberry Bliss ink and using Blender Pens to color it. and! I used some inspiration from my blogging friend Susan to put the flowers on the edge of the paper and partially cut them out! I love that look! however...I also remembered why I've only done it once...its kinda tricky for me! haha! Or maybe its just these flowers that were tricky, I'm not sure, but I took notes to remember how next time, hahaha...
Supplies:
Stamps: Bloom With Hope, Good Greetings
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Daffodil Delight, Mossy Meadow marker
Paper: Whisper White, Park Lane DP
Accessories: Blender Pens, Blackberry Bliss stitched satin ribbon, Glue Dots

So, for the future, I stamped the flowers on sides of a paper, obviously larger than I wanted it to be. Then I used the paper trimmer to cut almost to the flowers. I fussy cut around the flower outside of that line, and used the scissors to reach the edge of the flowers. And where the stem still shows? yeah, that was pretty tricky!!
But- the result is gorgeous and that makes it worth it!
Have you tried anything new lately?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing with us this week!!! Love how your card turned out, fussy cutting and all it looks GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cut out flowers! I've never been able to figure that one out! Thanks for the "how to"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Those flowers are lovely. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...