Monday, September 30, 2024

100 Years!!!

In just a couple of weeks, my father in law turns 100. Really, really. I shared about his 90th birthday celebration HERE, and there will be a celebration once again. 

I had discussed an idea with my husband and selected the paper and stamps I wanted to use to make him a birthday card, but hadn't sat down and done it. Then I saw the Color Throwdown colors and knew that was a match, so I got to work! Ordinarily, I probably wouldn't call Copper Clay a shade of red, but on the top strip of DP I think that looks red, so that makes it fit! These were the DP sheets I had planned to include! 

The stamps and dies are long retired, but the DP is in this catalog, haha... We do have current number dies (which I own, but they were too small for this design), and a current airplane stamp available, but this is what I used. 
Supplies:
Stamps: Sky Is the Limit (retired)
Ink: Copper Clay
Paper: Boho Blue, Night of Navy & Basic White card stocks, Take to the Sky DP
Accessories: 2023-25 In Color Dots (retired), Dimensionals, Large Numbers Framelits Dies (retired), big shot (retired) 
Font: Courier New

I actually stacked three sets of the 1-0-0 to make it bolder. The plane is popped up on Dimensionals, and the banner the plane is pulling was typed on the computer. I put a lot of time and thought into this card and got a couple other opinions too, ha. My FIL will simply love the thought, but I think the pressure was on because I've never made a 100th birthday card before! Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...