Thursday, October 1, 2015

Blog Hop: Step It Up Spooky Style!

Oh my goodness, another month has come and gone! And that means it's time for another fun blog hop!
Since today is the 1st of October, I thought I'd milk it for all it's worth and play with some Halloween ideas! I know most people don't send Halloween cards, but my grandmother and her sister always did, and my mom is carrying on the tradition. It's a fun excuse to send mail to the grandkids! I'm offering a Halloween card class this year and even supplying a twist- if you don't mail Halloween cards, they fit in lunchboxes! And if you don't send lunches- the card fronts would make a fun addition to a Halloween scrapbook page with your cuties all dressed up!!

Today's card is shown three different ways, from the "very simple" to the "plenty of extras"! And I used the current Freshly Made Sketch for the layout. Let's get to it!

Admittedly, this first one might be too plain, but I was going for the "spooky" theme and anything else seemed to take away from that. Also, aside from the cutting out tools, it sticks with the Stamps-Ink-Paper theme I mentioned last week.
Supplies:
Stamps: Among The Branches
Ink: Smoky Slate, Memento Black
Paper: Smoky Slate
Accessories: Big Shot, Seasonal Frame thinlit dies, Oval Punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, Dimensionals

This one adds a bit more stamping, and some quick embossing, and I think is totally cool for a spooky Halloween greeting.
Supplies:
Stamps: Among The Branches
Ink: Smoky Slate, Memento Black
Paper: Smoky Slate
Accessories: Big Shot, Woodland embossing folder, Seasonal Frame thinlit dies, Oval Punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, Dimensionals

And finally, a card I seriously love! This added another stamp set, another ink, a bit of ribbon, and threw on one more color. Oh, and the "spooky" circle is heat embossed, which adds richness to the color and shine!
Supplies:
Stamps: Among The Branches, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Smoky Slate, Memento Black, Whisper White
Paper: Smoky Slate, Tangelo Twist
Accessories: White Jute Ribbon, Big Shot, Woodland embossing folder, Seasonal Frame thinlit dies, Oval Punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, Dimensionals, Black embossing powder, Heat Tool, scotch tape

*and if you remember THIS post, I used the edge of the white Stampin' Spot that was included in the Paper Pumpkin kit to color on the trees. Literally, lightly scrubbed the ink pad right onto the trees.

What do you think?! Now hop on over to Cheryl and see how she shows off stepping it up! Then hop thru to see everyone's creations, and leave us some comments!

4 comments:

  1. Love your spooky cards....and love how you showed ways to step it up! Perfect for Halloween! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great examples of how to step up a card. I just love those spooky eyes peeking out from the trees. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy that texture and color make such an impact to these cards. I love all three. I have this set too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky eyes popping from the trees is a perfect spooky. I like how you used the eyes to make just a plain background too

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...