Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Yep, another Saturday post, haha!
Today is Halloween so I'll show off the collage I made with MDS to share on facebook yesterday. The kids got to dress up for school and my husband and I could dress up for work. So here you have Link (from Zelda games), Batgirl, a teenager, and "a daddy who makes awesome chili for the office party", hahaha!
(my shirt says "I never argue I just explain why I'm right")
I did get to stamp a little today, and when I went outside to take pictures, I found the flower garden literally buzzing with bees! What the heck?! It's October 31, there is snow on all the mountain tops and it has been cold- even in the house!!
Anyway, the real reason for the post is my card. I totally switch gears (especially from the flowers out there) and created a Christmas card!
As soon as I saw the sketch from the Nacho Average Challenge blog, I thought of the fireplace that I haven't got to play with yet! I added some stripey "wall paper" and the wreath and voila! It's pretty simple, but I really like how it turned out!
Supplies:
Stamps: Festive Fireplace, Happy Scenes (greeting)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White, Smoky Slate card stocks, Season of Cheer DP
Accessories: Hearth & Home framelits, Festive Fireside framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Blender Pens

I stamped the fireplace in Cherry Cobbler and used a Blender Pen to color over the lines and make it look brick colored. The wreath has a little notch on the stamp, and then matching notches on the die pieces. This is important to note so you're not spending a lot of time fitting the stamped image in the die! haha.... I trimmed off the bottom of the fireplace, and used a rectangle of Smoky Slate card stock for the inside of the fireplace.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great Christmas card and I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Great use of the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea for this sketch, the fireplace looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week Tanya!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...