Monday, October 26, 2015

October Paper Pumpkin #2!

I don't know about you but it often seems like my facebook feed has a lot of negativity and whining and things that just drag you down. A friend and I have have often commented to each other that we're not going to share negativity.....but the other day I really, really wanted to vent.......
But...really, that wasn't going to accomplish anything...and it was just going to add to the negativity, which I dislike.
After I had vented to that friend, and had plenty of time to calm down, I came up with a plan. Instead of ranting about one frustrating person, I could send thank you notes to people who make a positive difference! That meant I needed several thank you cards. I had this handy, super-cute, Paper Pumpkin kit sitting there needing attention. Perfect match! And so, I got to work!

On this one I cut the watercolored paper in half and trimmed it down to fit the Sahara Sand card, and stamped all over it. I like the little flowers on the greeting piece too.

On this one I chose not to stamp the outlines on the leaf print, but I stamped them alternating on the card base. I left off the twine to make it a bit more masculine.

For this one, I cut my own card base from Calypso Coral, which matches almost perfectly IRL but doesn't look like a good match on the computer...hmmm.... And this time I stamped the greeting right on the card front. I really like those tiny flowers!

For this one I only used the stamps, but since I used the kit and made it all at the same time, it counts for this post! This was actually because of an inspiration challenge I saw and thought these flower stamps fit it perfectly. Unfortunately I played too late to link, but I still made the card I thought of! I used Melon Mambo for the big flowers, Pumpkin Pie for the next size, and some tiny Soft Suede flowers for the bursts of ...pollen? in the flowers in the picture. I also used Blushing Bride for leaves and stems where the inspiration had pale pink swirls. And I mounted it all on Soft Suede.
Supplies:
Stamps: Oct 2015 Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Blushing Bride
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White & Melon Mambo card stocks
Accessories: Hexagon Punch, Dimensionals

And this morning, these and a few others, are all going in the mail! Because yeay for wonderful helpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...