Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Happy Jack!

Today, Oct 3rd is World Card Making Day! I don't have any events planned, I'm actually spending the weekend with family, enjoying a 2-day, LDS General Conference, but I have some cards made and you can bet I'll have some fun crafty inspiration for you!

Today I've got this fun jack-o-lantern card for you! I used the latest sketch from Nacho Average Challenges, and plenty of new toys! I've only used the dies once, and the stamps are brand new, and so was the glue pen! I'm pretty sure this will be another in my Halloween card class...and I'm sorry I don't have a date on that yet!
Supplies:
Stamps: Sparkly Seasons
Ink: Tangelo Twist, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke marker, Versamark
Paper: Tangelo Twist, Basic Black, Very Vanilla card stocks
Accessories: Big Shot, Seasonal Frame thinlit dies, Black Embossing powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue Pen

The glue pen was designed to attach intricate or small things like the die cut words, or like little sequins. So here's what I learned....
First of all, the glue bottle itself is sealed with a peel-off-lid, so no matter how hard you squeeze, it isn't coming out til you take that off, haha. Second, when I did pull it off, it splattered all over me, so be careful! And third, it is a tiny bit tricky to get the lid end of the metal post back into the bottle end....look...
but that will help it to not clog, like the Crystal Effects do.
If you look closely at the second "o" in the spooky, you'll see some of the glue wasn't quite dry, but it dried clear everywhere else. I think it's going to be a great little tool!

Come back in a few hours to see another fun card!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card!! I love my new glue pen -- can't wait to learn new ways to use it!! Thanks for playing along with the nachos again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pumpkin, he's adorable :) Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch. The word is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...