Friday, June 26, 2015

TGIF Throwdown!

Happy Friday!! My boys (husband and son) have been at scout camp all week and they come home this evening- us girls are pretty excited about that! We have missed them!

Today I tried a new-to-me challenge blog that really, is fairly new to the 'net. They started up in April and I follow some of the design team blogs so it's about time I play along! Their current Throwdown challenge appealed to me so that's where I began, and then I made this:
Supplies:
Stamps: Work of Art
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Blushing Bride
Paper: Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Paper Doilies, White Baker's Twine, Butterfly Thinlits, Big Shot

This challenge works like the Food Network show Chopped. So from the Throwdown "basket" I used:
Butterfly Thinlits
Work of Art stamp set
Blushing Bride ink
Blackberry Bliss ink

And from the "pantry" I used:
White card stock
White Baker's Twine
Doilies
Big Shot
Paper Cutter
Clear Blocks

The butterfly was cut out of that layer of cardstock, then all the bits punched out. I stamped the large swish from the Work of Art stamp set in Blackberry Bliss ink on the card base, and just kept stamping off as I went across the paper! Then I used the skinny swish to add some Blushing Bride to his body, and laid the white butterfly on top. And I love how it turned out!! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Tanya. Hope your boys are home all safe and sound and had a great time at camp.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...