Friday, June 19, 2015

Recently Retired....

Today's cards use products that just retired at the beginning of June, from the Occasions Mini. I decided to share it anyway since it's too late to order new supplies for Sunday, and maybe you need a last-minute idea for a Father's Day card! Also, I did not get to use these enough since I didn't get them til nearly June!

First up, I used the Viva La Verve June #2 sketch...and I left off a bit...
This is a card for my son to give my dad...the greeting might sound odd, but, it totally applies to their relationship, and the DP could not be more perfect!! See the grassy paper hiding back there? I live in a townhouse complex and the lawn care is all done by a company. Last summer, my dad decided that he would hire my son to mow his lawn and have the chance to learn how. The words completely suit the lessons my son is learning so there we go!
Supplies:
Stamps: Adventure Awaits
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso card stocks, Adventure Bound DP
Accessories: Natural Chevron ribbon, Crushed Curry baker's twine, Dimensionals, Corner Rounder Punch

And, while I had these great retired products sitting out, I created a "get well/thinking of you" card for someone who had unexpected surgery this week and needed a pick-me-up. This time I used the latest from Retro Sketches.
Supplies:
Stamps: Adventure Awaits
Ink: Island Indigo, Tip Top Taupe
Paper: Sahara Sand card stock, Adventure Bound DP
Accessories: White Jute Ribbon, Neutral Candy Dots, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Two great card designs, Tanya. You've done an amazing job with these sketches!! How fun that your dad and son have such a wonderful relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both such cool cards! Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...