Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Super Dad!

Today's card is a two-fer! I used two challenges for this card! The Mojo Monday sketch and the Nacho Average color challenge helped me make this fun super hero card for my son to give my husband for Father's Day....which is this Sunday in case you're having summer-brain too!! I didn't use three circles like the sketch calls for, but she has a note on all of her sketches that if you don't have a specific shape to feel free to substitute. I decided that meant I could use a star, circle and oval! haha!

I should note that this set is still available even tho it isn't in the new catalog... The photopolymer stamp sets that were released monthly over the last two years are staying available until they sell out. Some from that time frame have sold out, but not all of them. I'm really glad this one stuck around, because I haven't gotten nearly enough use out of it yet! My husband really enjoys super heros and comic books and everything that goes with it. I don't love it, but I'll join him for most of the movies and tv shows. So even when this does retire, I'm pretty sure I'll hang on to it for ever. And my son is the one who requests it for my husband most often. Hence today's card, haha!
Supplies:
Stamps: Calling All Heroes
Ink: Island Indigo, Smoky Slate, Hello Honey, Tip Top Taupe
Paper: Island Indigo, Smoky Slate, Hello Honey
Accessories: Extra Large Oval Punch, Stars Die, Big Shot

Funny story...when I first stamped the city skyline it looked like this:
My kids had no idea what I was going to do with it, but after seeing my annoyed face, one said "have a villian exploding that hole in the building." and the other said "Yeah, and have Batman come take them out." ....alrighty then, I'll just carry on with my plan, haha!! But I flipped it over and restamped it anyway....maybe the big star would have covered it, but there are enough flaws on the card, I didn't need to intentionally add another, haha!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! Love the superheroes. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUPER cool! Thanks for playing along with Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Love the skyline image. May have to check out that stamp set! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...