Saturday, May 30, 2009

A teacher gift!

Lauren has this freebie Timeless Template download (thru PaperTrey Ink) for a stocking, and a while back when she was looking for a new Saturday challenge team, asked that we try one of her templates too. Then, for her recent Template Challenge, she wanted something that had purple and/or a butterfly. She also wanted it to be a birthday gift, but I didn't have a way to make that work.

I've had this idea floating in my head for a while now. I was going to do it for the DT portion, but again, had no one to give it to or way to use it at that time. I had considered using it as a teacher gift.....and it was a darn good thing that the other night I realized "tomorrow" was the last day of school!!!! The kids and I rushed to the store almost at bedtime, to finally pick out a flower and I came home and put this together!

What do you think?! I wanted it to be like a rain boot, and a flower gift, which seem to go hand-in-hand. Is late May ok for the whole "April showers bring May Flowers" thing?? lol

Here it is with the card we gave her. I used really bright colors because I wanted a bright yellow rain boot. I'm not used to so much bright, but I think it worked out well. His teacher was impressed and hey, that's the part that counts!!! haha! Here's a close up of some of that detail. I LOVE how that butterfly turned out. (its just vellum stamped with classic ink and then colored on the back side with a Saffron marker and then a Blender Pen dipped in Orchid ink) And, when my son went up for a teacher hug/photo, she pointed to it and said "see, you're all my little butterflies!" She also said something about that in the letter she sent home with him. Who knew Lauren's challenge directly applied to his school teacher?! Yeay for a happy coincidence!!!

(and a shot of what it looked like inside...tho I did line it with plastic wrap! LOL)

Supplies: Rain Boot: Stamps: God's Beauty Ink: Basic Black, Orchid Opulence Paper: Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Vellum card stocks Accessories: Chunky Sprinkles Glitter, 2-way glue pen, 1/2 inch circle punch, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, retired green ribbon, lots of glue dots!

Card: Stamps: Fresh Cuts Ink: So Saffron, Orchid Opulence Paper: Fresh Cuts note card, Green Galore card stock Accessories: Bold Brights buttons, retired green & purple grosgrain ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Wow Tanya, I'm impressed. You did a great job. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. I LOVE your butterfly too, it turned out gorgeous.
    Lucky teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is absolutely adorable! I love the bright colors.. perfect for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaaaay cute! I am wondering about teachers gifts myself -- so thanks for the great inspiration! This turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT idea! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...