Friday, May 20, 2011

A good project, a great idea.

So, apparently, back in 2006 is when Stampin' Up! offered this whole office style set. I bought the spiral punch, the Notations DP and this 8x5ish art journal (which is still available- as is the punch!) and I have saved the DP to use in this book. I put the cover together shortly after getting it all..... and that is exactly as far as it went. It has been moved from spot to spot in my office for what is that? five years??? holy cow...
Last week when I took my kids to the library I was on the hunt (as I always am) for a book we haven't read a trillion times...something new...something different.... this book caught my eye because of the vintage illustrations, which I am a sucker for.


But the thing is, its exactly the format I am looking for on that book I started! The story starts out with a little girl asking her "Granny, what was it like when Mummy was me?"* and the grandmother goes thru a long-ago year, month by month, only talking about the celebrations and the good times that were had. Presumably this is a typical year and it was put together in such a fun way... THAT is my next big project! Next time I print photos? it will feature our little family's traditions and share how we spend a year celebrating! Fun huh?? I am super excited!
*Book titled A Time to Keep, The Tasha Tudor Book of Holidays, copyright 1977, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post, Tanya. I think your "Traditions" idea is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...