Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Is...!

MAY IS NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING MONTH!

Since this is actually my favorite past time, I can't just let this slip by without some serious fun attention! This time around I set some lofty goals to be able to show you a new scrapbook page each day. Let's see how I do... (not to mention how exciting it will be to get 31 new pages done!!!) So this page was done in April and saved for today.

I thought the bright colors help convey the hot summer evening we're enjoying in these pictures. Is it still cold where you are? We had snow twice last week... ugh! Altho better than tornados, so I'm done complaining!!! The stamp sets are retired and the stickers come from the SAB Simply Scrappin kit which just retired, but hey, using stash is a great thing to do with your scrapbooks. That way you "keep" the stuff you're hoarding, and use it up at the same time! Everybody wins!
 Supplies:

Stamps: Taffy Alphabet, Sweet Scoops
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive
Paper: Daffodil Delight & Whisper White card stocks, Ice Cream Parlor Simply Scrappin Kit

Then, you want to hear a tip I just came up with the night I made this page? Remember before the whole acid-free freak out we used to write on the backs of our photos? ...you don't still do that, do you? it scares me a little... anyway, since these are the friends my kids play with today but when any of us moves away names will eventually be forgotten, I put names on the back of the page, just like I used to do with the snapshots! Clever, huh? Of course. hahaha...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...