Sunday, December 14, 2008

A snow day...

Of course the kids start off a Saturday morning by playing hard and loud with a bouncy ball, laughing their heads off, at 645 this morning. Ugh. The wind was howling and blowing leaves so hard I thought it was rain. It never did rain but it sure snowed! We got at least 4-6 inches, and it came down from about 10 AM til 630 tonight! This was our first significant snow storm all season, which is just CRAZY!

So, while my husband got our daughter to take a long, much-needed nap after such an early morning, I got to entertain our son! Good thing we like crafts! LOL!

He needs to have a gift for a gift-exchange at school and I suggested these candy cane ornaments. He took it a step further- he realized that Daddy and I have one and he has one (I bought the supplies for a church activity when he was a baby), so he also made one for his sister and had me make one for Daddy's own. *wink*

We also got in plenty of reading minutes, watched a lot of Christmas specials and even made the first batch of neighbor goodies! It was a crazy day and a long day, but I think a good day. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Bless him, he looks as pleased as punch with those ornaments.
    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. should let him make a snowman,hows the pics we sent you cog on grandma Bybees blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have not had a real snow yet, but after last years horrible ice storm and being displaced from our home for 8 days I could go without a real storm this year!!!!

    My neighbor and I were just talking it was exactly a year ago and we still are like tramatized over it!!!!

    They just hired an electrician to come out and hook the power pole in our back yards up so they can turn their generator on and run the whole house.

    They had to pay an insane amount of money to have that done and right at Christmas. They did not leave their house they stayed in it very cold and no water or heat for 8 days and had to keep bailing out the sump pump so they were a bit more traumatized then we were!!!

    Sounds like you really had a fun day and loved the crafts!!!

    Your son looks so cute, and so happy!

    TFS

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...