Thursday, December 4, 2008

WOJ for the Holidays...

As in Whiff of Joy. I tell ya what...I am getting a lot of practice coloring with these! And I am really happy with how they're turning out! Take a look.....!

This first one I started by using the sketch for the design team challenge. I left off the sentiment, which would be near her head, because I like this card how it is! lol! I stamped her onto watercolor paper this time so I could try it with the aquapainter. If you let the Black Craft ink dry for a good long time, it doesn't get muddy and turns out beautiful. I think the red snowflakes and the ribbon and stuff add a lot too. Love it, love it!

Supplies: Stamps: Lizzie with Muff (Whiff of Joy), Holiday Tag Team (retired) Ink: Basic Black Craft, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel Paper: Riding Hood Red & Kiwi Kiss card stock, Watercolor Paper Accessories: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware (retired), Aquapainter

This second one may possibly be my favorite ever! goodness...! I don't even want to mail it! haha! Anyway, again, I just love this little thinking/dreaming/scheming boy, and I thought for Christmas maybe he's having a quiet moment of reverence. I drew the lines for the 'wallpaper' and sponged the 'carpet' he's lying on. I used my oval punch and then slid the paper over a little to make a smaller oval for his thought. I just LOVE it! haha! Oh, and the black craft ink wasn't completely dry, but I think it works well here on a little boy who spent the day playing hard!

Supplies:

Stamps: Lying Matthew (Whiff of Joy), All God's Children (retired) Ink: Basic Black Craft, Creamy Caramel, Buckaroo Blue (retired), Cranberry Crisp (retired), More Mustard, So Saffron Paper: Cranberry Crisp (retired), Bashful Blue, Whisper White card stocks Accessories: Blender Pens, Wide Oval Punch, Bordering Blue Marker, Watercolor Pencils, Stamping Sponge

So there's two more!

6 comments:

  1. Both are adorable! I can't get over that little girl image - so sweet! And I love the way you did the ribbon and the ribbon pull!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your christmas cards, by the way! You are so talented.. makes me jealous! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Tanya. I LOVE your ribbon treatment on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, the colours are fabulous
    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these cards! I just got Lizzy and Muff in the mail last week and have not inked her up yet, but I did post a Willow Christmas card with the Whiff of Joy tree yesterday.

    Both of these cards are wonderful. I have not seen the little boy image before!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...