Friday, January 30, 2009

Nine Year Old Boys: How to...

...let them stamp!

I've been a cub scout leader (Bears) for a couple months now and just now had to start planning the den meetings. So this week, one part was I had them make a thank you card! I thought the timing is good enough- how likely is it that 9yr olds have sent a thank you to everyone who gave them a gift for Christmas?? But my dilemma was HOW to let them stamp their own cards without me freaking out over my supplies........ My smart husband pointed out I could do the same idea as is Wish-RAK. I stamp the images and provide the card base, the glue stick and the colored pencils (crayola variety) and let the boys put it together however they want. Brilliant!

And then I was even MORE excited than ever that I own Scout Stamps!!! Hooray! LOL!

So here are the items I prepped a head of time. I had options - they could choose one of two scout images, one of several colors of card base, and one of three thank you words, punched out.

Supplies: Stamps: Scouts At Play (long retired), Sock Monkey, Pocket Silhouettes Ink: Basic Gray

Paper: Misc above Accessories: Word Window Punch, 1 3.8 inch circle punch, 1 3/8 inch square punch

Unfortunately I couldn't attend yesterday, or I would show some finished projects. My own little guy has a fever... but from the other leaders it sounds like the boys enjoyed making their cards! Yeay!

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea tanya! i love how you created a little make and take for your little cubs... can't wait to see the pics! love that your family and my family look like that one stamp set!!! i love using those stamps because it always makes me smile :)

    hope that you are doing great!!
    sending you a ton of happy wishes,
    much love,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea Tanya!!!

    I wish they would start making sets with those little kids again!!! I have lost a lot of Customers to companies that have more people stamps!!!! I have been able to get almost all of the old people sets on Stampin Discuss, but I do not have the Scout one. I think that my next door neighbor and SU downline, who has been an SU customer for over 12 years has this set though!!!

    Cource my 1 year old will not be in scouts for a long time, and then I bet his Daddy has him do 4H instead!!! LOL.

    Anyhoo this was a really great idea for the meeting!!! Even boys like to stamp!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm the "next-door neighbor" Heather referred to and yes I have that set (which I love). Too bad I wasn't smart enough to do your plan. We actually let the boys use the stamps and a lot of other stuff to make place mats for their families for the Blue and Gold banquet (years ago). It took FOREVER. Having images pre-stamped is a definte bonus for preserving your stuff but mainly for preserving your sanity. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...