Saturday, April 25, 2009

A THREE-fer!

Wow! I got THREE Saturday challenges done, in one card, on the same day it was all posted! YEAY!!! lol! So! I took Lauren's color challenge, Jen's SSFYTT and this week's Cinema Challenge plus layers, and made one fancy card! haha!

The only problem is we are having a rain storm that thinks its a blizzard so the sun hasn't come out yet today. The dining room light is the best I have and it makes everything too shiny...So here's the less shiny shot...

And the straight-on shot that is weird colors and too-shiny buttons...

Supplies: Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Fresh Cuts

Ink: Real Red, Basic Gray Paper: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Whisper White card stocks, Real Red Prints DP (retired) Accessories: So Saffron Poly Twill ribbon, Button Latte, Button Bouquet, Mini Glue Dots

I totally agree with Lauren, these are not colors I would normally put together, but it works! I loved Jen's button cluster idea and even had buttons that matched! I haven't seen To Catch A Thief (tho I will put it on my list!) but I figured if Cary Grant is in it, red roses are probably applicable, one way or another. *wink*

14 comments:

  1. Good for you girl getting so many challenges done at once!!!

    I love that set and do not have it yet but will be ordering it with my next club order!!!

    So I have some questions for you.

    My neighbor and I are trying to decide about convention, what do you think about it???

    I would like to come, and this year is supposed to be even better since it is the 20th Convention, but when we look at the cost I do not think there is any way for us to come and attend it without spending at least $1,000 a piece???

    Do you know of any Hotels that are maybe a little cheaper then others around there???

    We are just not sure if we want to spend that much on ourselfs!!! I keep thinking if I was going to spend $1,000 on myself what would I buy??? Hmmm Lasix surgery for my eyes, a big shot so I did not have to share it with my neighbor??? Oh lots and lots of things but a 3 day trip??? I just do not know???

    What do you think???

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. Love the flowers and all of the layers. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! I soooooooo badly want that stamp set...it's beautiful! Looks lovely in those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com)April 25, 2009 at 8:56 PM

    this is AWESOME! i love those flowers (you are going to push me over the edge to get them!). thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Way to knock 'em out! LOL! Super cute card! I have this set and keep pulling it out, stamping,and then not liking the result. I love your card, though! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers, this is totally gorgeous! So classy and elegant and such a stunning colour combo hun, love it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arent' you clever squeezing in all those challenges in one card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Great job! Good luck with all those challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty Tanya! I love how you let the 5th avenue floral stamp shine on this card. Thansk for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Came over from the Cinema Saturday challenge and this does evoke a sense of the clean lines of an elegant Cary Grant and the feminine mystique (the roses) of Grace Kelly - lovely card! (You'll love the movie too)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heeheehee I was having the same problem as you....lack of sunlight! Only, I was looking for more shine...more specifically, the light to bounce off the sparkle in the glitter pens I used!

    I also agree with you and Lauren that I would have never pulled these colors without a challenge to nudge me! Your card came out really nice! :>

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us this week on Cinema Saturday challenge... You are the queen... a Three-fer is hard work in deed. I LOVE this set I have been having a ton of fun with this one as well. Great work on all the layering. The buttons are the sweetest touch of all..

    You Rock!
    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...